Nicole Richie accidentally lit her hair on fire blowing out her birthday cake candles

Happy Birthday … yikes!

Nicole Richie was celebrating her 40th birthday and has now shared a video of her hair catching fire right as she blew out her birthday candles.

She captioned the video, “Well… so far 40 is” then the fire emoji.

Since Richie posted the video to her Instagram, she has received over 15,000 comments. One of which was from her brother-in-law Benjamin Madden, who made a little joke about the incident, “Happy Birthday Sis love you and thankful for you always stay lit.”

Richie is married to Madden’s brother, Joel.

CNN has reached out to her representative for further comment.

The-CNN-Wire
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.

Question of the Day

Oct 18

Q: Experts say you should clean these at least once a day if you happen to use them…  A: Ear buds 

Oct 15

Q: Nearly 1/3rd of women say they actually cried when their husband surprised them by doing this… A: Cleaning something

Oct 14

Q:   You usually find this item outside…and a cheap one costs $20, but the most expensive one is worth over $2-million… A: Garden gnome